The Digital Cicognara Library
Monday, February 1st: Online Presentation~ The Digital Cicognara Library: An International Open Access Collaboration of the Early Literature of the Arts (Holly Hatheway, Princeton University)
31 January 2021
Monday, February 1: National and Historical Libraries (Chair, Michael Printy, Yale University)
~ Working with Romance Collections in a National Library: Exploring New Strategies (Valentina Mirabella, Sophie Defrance, British Library)
~ The Digital Cicognara Library: An International Open Access Collaboration of the Early Literature of the Arts (Holly Hatheway, Princeton University)
REGISTRATION REQUIRED https://stanford.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_iMJanC7eTwyek1Sus-ImJQ
Click for more information on the entire spring program.
New Article on Digital Cicognara Library Project published in "Art Libraries Journal" Vol. 45 Issue 2 - April 2020
15 April 2020
The Digital Cicognara Library: transforming a 19th century resource for the digital age
Holly Hatheway, Roger Lawson, Charlotte Oertel
CAA: Historic Libraries and the Historiography of Art (II) February 14th in Chicago.
14 January 2020
Fri, February 14, 08:30 AM - 10:00 AM, Hilton Chicago, 8th Floor, Lake Huron
Cicognara at ARLIS/UK & Ireland Conference July 15-18, 2019
12 July 2019
University of Glasgow
15-17 July 2019
Holly Hatheway, the current Project Manager and Head of Marquand Library at Princeton, will give a talk on the Digital Cicognara Library Project at 3:50/15:50 in Room LT201. We look forward to meeting potential new partners in the UK.
Cicognara at College Art, February 13, 2019
29 March 2019
Historic Libraries and the Historiography of Art
Moderator: Jeanne-Marie Musto, Queens College, City University of New York
Wednesday 13 February 2019, 8:30 am
New York Hilton Midtown
Room: Sutton South
- Susan M. Dixon, La Salle University, "Rodolfo Lanciani’s Revenge"
- Dominique Polanco, University of Arizona, "Colonial, Imperial, and National Collecting: Mexican Manuscripts and Their Historical Positions in the Biblioteca Nacional de España"
- Jennifer Purtle, University of Toronto, "Borrowing from Books: The Xu Family Library and the Use of Art History against Empire"
- Barbara Steindl, Kunsthistorisches Institut in Florenz, "The Library of Leopoldo Cicognara: From Bibliophilic Collection to Scholarly Instrument"
Call for Papers: Historic Libraries and the Early Historiography of Art
05 July 2018
ARLIS UK & IRELAND 2018: Museum libraries and library history
05 July 2018
Cicognara at IIIF
25 May 2018
Comparison of the Eastlake Library and the Cicognara Library
20 April 2018
Cicognara at ARLIS/NA
27 February 2018
Cicognara Symposium in Rome, 5 October 2017
21 September 2017
The Digital Cicognara Library: An Open-Access Collection of the Early Literature of Art
Please join the partners and a panel of Cicognara scholars to discuss the project’s current status and its aspirations as a tool for discovery and research. 15:00-18:30 with reception following, AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF ROME, AURIANA AUDITORIUM, Via Pietro Roselli 16, 00153 Roma RM.
- Timothy Janz, Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana
- Adriano Aymonino, University of Buckingham
- Francesco Benelli, Università di Bologna
- Jeanne-Marie Musto, City University of New York
- Silvia Vantaggiato, Università del Salento
- Esmé Cowles, Princeton University
- Sandra Ludig Brooke, Princeton University
Cicognara at ARLIS/NA
08 February 2017
Cicognara at DLF
01 November 2016
Cicognara at IFLA
16 August 2016